Pioneers of ELC
- Hungry Davy Vid – pioneer connection
- We face a lot of challenges and unexpected circumstances that we could not have foreseen.
- Destiny is the same, can it takes preparation, courage, and persistence to finish strong.
- What is your journey and where have you come from? Where are you going? How will you get there?
Preparation is the mark of any true professional. People at the top of any field are usually those that spend the most time preparing for every detail than those struggling to make it.
5 Keys to preparation:
- Clarify your goals. Where are you going?
- You are only as free as your well developed options.
- “Your ability to set clear, specific, measurable goals that you intensely desire and that are in harmony with your very best talents and abilities is the first real step to reaching your destination and lifelong success.” – Brian Tracy
- Keep it simple, measurable, present tense, and positive. I am______ by _______.
- Make your goals so simple that a child could understand them.
- List what you need to achieve your goals
- Resources, character traits, relationships, etc.
- Think ahead and plan for the unexpected
- Be a plan b thinker, not out of fear, but out of faith and preparation of a great future
- A great way to always stay prepared is to plan for the challenges that may arise on your journey. Normally it is the small setbacks that we did not consider that derail us, not the large challenges. We give those large challenges some pre-thought and have a plan to get out of it.
- Napoleon was once asked if he believes in luck, he said yes I believe in back luck, I believe I will always have it and I plan accordingly.
- Be proactive, not passive.
- Don’t wait for things to happen, make things happen.
- Humbly ask for advice
- Pro 15:22
- Resource yourself
- Books, research, people, etc.
Six-P Formula: Proper prior planning prevents poor performance.
“If you summon the courage others won’t, you will have in life what others don’t” – Pastor Keith
Probably the greatest challenge you will face on your journey will be to conquer your fears and develop your courage. Fear always has and always will be our greatest enemy to progress. Just imagine where you could go, what you could achieve, what you would dream if you were not afraid of anything in the whole world?
Three roots of fear:
- Failure – Says I can’t… It is a cause for excuses, hesitation, and energy spent covering and avoiding our abilities and excusing our weaknesses.
- Rejection – Says I have to… Same, hesitation, excuses, dependence on others, not a self leader because you rely on others to signal your movements.
- Ignorance – Says I didn’t know… Courage and information go hand in hand. The more information you have the more powerful you can be. God told Joshua to be brave and courageous, and to STAY IN HIS WORD! Joshua’s ability to have courage was linked to the information he possessed.
Analyze your fears: How does my fear hold me back? How would I be better if I were to eliminate my fear?
The first and perhaps most important form of courage for successful people is the courage to begin, to launch, to step out in faith in the direction of your goal and take action.
Entrepreneurship Professor Robert Ronstadt discovered what he called the Corridor Principle. He did a study and followed up on his graduates and found that only 10% of them had actually started their own businesses. The only similarity he could quantify of those students was the willingness to step out and start rather than wait. The other 90% were waiting for “just the right time”. As these individuals proceeded down the corridor of life, opportunities and doors became apparent that they would not have otherwise seen = Corridor Principle.
Life belongs to the risk takers, not the security seekers. Life is funny and backwards… those who seek security seem to have fewer resources and opportunities, and more stress.
“Courage is the resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not the absence of fear” – Twain
“Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.” – Emerson
“On the Plains of Hesitation are the bleached bones of countless millions, who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting–died!” – George W. Cecil
1 Cor 9:24-27
- Persistence is the act of having the strength of character and will power to do what should be done whether you feel like it or not (also know as self discipline). Persistence is self discipline in action. Persistence is the true measure in your belief in yourself and your ability to succeed.
- Most of the time the person that wins is not the smartest, fastest, or strongest. It is the guy that does not know to give up… Rebound like a rubber ball!
- Often it seems that your new level of success is the one step of faith beyond your failure.
- Most people give up on the 1 yard line.
Read poem “Don’t Quit”